Hip hop visionary Steven Rodriguez – AKA A$AP Yams – died over the weekend at age 26. There are limited details regarding the passing of the A$AP Mob founder, prompting social media users to begin a tirade of rumours.
In 2013, A$AP Yams told the New York Times that he had struggled with substance abuse and choked on his own vomit at Coachella after taking Xanax and Codeine, prompting whispers of a drug overdose. Speaking to VladTV, Mob member A$AP Ant cleared up the rumours that Yams’ death may have been a drug overdose. “That’s not what it is,” he said. “People keep talking saying he overdosed on Xanax and shit like that. No, that’s not what happened at all. It wasn’t that at all.”