The nationwide hunt is on for Australia’s best producer or DJ, put on by Budweiser and the Australian Independent Music Awards (AIMA). The winner will be crowned in November and showered with opportunities, industry contacts and goodies, including the following:
– A tour to the US to play at the Marquee in Las Vegas – if you’re lucky (good enough) you may even play at a NYC industry party.
– Exclusive homecoming gigs at Australia’s hottest clubs including the Marquee in Sydney.
– Pioneer DDJ-SX4-channel Serato DJ controller with professional software.
– Ongoing support, opening up potential festival appearances, international DJ sets, sponsorship opportunities and introductions to record labels and industry executives.
– Guaranteed media exposure including featured mixes on selected music streaming sites, interviews and profile features in leading music publications and blog.
Sweet deal. Producers are advised to upload their best tracks, remixes, edits etcetera and DJ to upload their mixes to the Budweiser Producer / DJ of the Year Award website.
Submissions close at midnight on September 30 and the winner will be selected by an independent judging panel of music and entertainment industry experts at the AIMA ceremony at the New Event Centre at The Star in Sydney on November 7.